Pottery Barn - Awful, low quality products that are not backed by the company
I have to admit that they advertise well and their products look quite beautiful. We ordered the benchwright extending table and it was stunning when we first received it. Well, 3 months later with very minimal use (maybe 3 times?) and the use of things like coasters, pads, etc, I've noticed that along the seams of the table, it's like the finish is degrading. When I called the company the first time, I was told to send photos including of what I've been using on the table. No response for a month. I called again and this time, sent the photo immediately. Upon "review" she said that according to the website, we weren't supposed to use any chemicals on the table (it's a dining table for goodness sake- how do we wash it?!) Regardless, given I used it so infrequently, I hadn't needed to wash it. However, I noted that I used a polish, which she promptly went to blame for the damage. I went on the website care instructions and clear as day, it stated: Use a non–silicone and non–wax polish; do not use soap, water or wax. Wouldn't you know it...the polish I was using was exactly that (I remembered these instructions when I was first purchasing the polish).
She said, but this isn't a polish we recommend. I noted, but you don't recommend any SPECIFIC polish, only non-silicone non-wax polish, which I used. She said, well, we don't recommend the one you used. (the argument still makes my head hurt).
I think they will say ANYTHING to get out of taking responsibility for their low quality products. I wish I listened to the reviews about the company more. I won't make that mistake again.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- How the products look in the beginning
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Pottery barn does not honor their products
- Poor excuses from customer service
- High prices for horrible products
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Pottery Barn Benchwright Extending Dining Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "We installed a Pottery Barn Sussex Sconce in our bathroom above the medicine cabinet in February 2010. About four years later the stainless steel finish was peeling revealing a black/rusty..."
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "On Friday evening a DirecTV employee accessed my roof and trespassed illegally. There were a total of 6 signs that this technician ignored. Not only did he set off the..."
- "While getting ready for work, i had the instyler heating up. All of a sudden a loud bang and a flash, and thank god it tripped the circuit and..."
- "Dear Future Glam Seamless Customers, (Discount below too) I am the founder and CEO of Glam Seamless extensions and I am here to comment on the negative reviews below. Glam Seamless..."