New York, New York
100% full Not resolved

I have to admit that they advertise well and their products look quite beautiful. We ordered the benchwright extending table and it was stunning when we first received it. Well, 3 months later with very minimal use (maybe 3 times?) and the use of things like coasters, pads, etc, I've noticed that along the seams of the table, it's like the finish is degrading. When I called the company the first time, I was told to send photos including of what I've been using on the table. No response for a month. I called again and this time, sent the photo immediately. Upon "review" she said that according to the website, we weren't supposed to use any chemicals on the table (it's a dining table for goodness sake- how do we wash it?!) Regardless, given I used it so infrequently, I hadn't needed to wash it. However, I noted that I used a polish, which she promptly went to blame for the damage. I went on the website care instructions and clear as day, it stated: Use a non–silicone and non–wax polish; do not use soap, water or wax. Wouldn't you know it...the polish I was using was exactly that (I remembered these instructions when I was first purchasing the polish).

She said, but this isn't a polish we recommend. I noted, but you don't recommend any SPECIFIC polish, only non-silicone non-wax polish, which I used. She said, well, we don't recommend the one you used. (the argument still makes my head hurt).

I think they will say ANYTHING to get out of taking responsibility for their low quality products. I wish I listened to the reviews about the company more. I won't make that mistake again.

Review about: Pottery Barn Benchwright Extending Dining Table.

I liked: How the products look in the beginning.

I didn't like: Poor quality, Pottery barn does not honor their products, Poor excuses from customer service, High prices for horrible products.

1.8
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $1800
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Pottery Barn?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.