Pottery Barn - Awful, low quality products that are not backed by the company
I have to admit that they advertise well and their products look quite beautiful. We ordered the benchwright extending table and it was stunning when we first received it. Well, 3 months later with very minimal use (maybe 3 times?) and the use of things like coasters, pads, etc, I've noticed that along the seams of the table, it's like the finish is degrading. When I called the company the first time, I was told to send photos including of what I've been using on the table. No response for a month. I called again and this time, sent the photo immediately. Upon "review" she said that according to the website, we weren't supposed to use any chemicals on the table (it's a dining table for goodness sake- how do we wash it?!) Regardless, given I used it so infrequently, I hadn't needed to wash it. However, I noted that I used a polish, which she promptly went to blame for the damage. I went on the website care instructions and clear as day, it stated: Use a non–silicone and non–wax polish; do not use soap, water or wax. Wouldn't you know it...the polish I was using was exactly that (I remembered these instructions when I was first purchasing the polish).
She said, but this isn't a polish we recommend. I noted, but you don't recommend any SPECIFIC polish, only non-silicone non-wax polish, which I used. She said, well, we don't recommend the one you used. (the argument still makes my head hurt).
I think they will say ANYTHING to get out of taking responsibility for their low quality products. I wish I listened to the reviews about the company more. I won't make that mistake again.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- How the products look in the beginning
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Pottery barn does not honor their products
- Poor excuses from customer service
- High prices for horrible products
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Pottery Barn Benchwright Extending Dining Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "I bought a red leather couch. It was on sale at $1500. Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for..."
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "I was a model for Colby Models and Ryan Colby for 3 years. I never met anyone who made more than $100.00 total after being with them for 3 years...."
- "Nulla sit amet est. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nulla neque dolor, sagittis eget, iaculis quis, molestie non, velit. Praesent blandit laoreet nibh. Sed libero. Etiam..."
- "I took my Coach purse to the store in Atlantic City on the 21st of April, 2016. The store manager (Janelle) took one look at the strap and said..."
- "I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies. I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016. It worked as advertised..."
- "Many movies that came out in 2015 are still not available to stream in the USA however they are available to stream in South America. Many just released movies are..."
- "Big time violation. The management allowed a lady who is a close friend to move everything from her filthy apartment into my 80 year old aunts apartment after the ***..."