Update by user Sep 01, 2017

Believe it or not, a representative from Williams Sanoma, Pottery Barn's parent company, called me within 24 hours of my complaint and could not have been more helpful.Her name was Carol, she was cordial, friendly, and resolved the whole problem.

She is having the table picked up and I can either replace it with another like product or get a refund. So my experience with Pottery Barn was a very good one.

I think more companies should have people trolling the internet for disgruntled customers.It makes a very positive impression to the customer.

Update by user Aug 30, 2017

I bought this table from a catalogue photo, but ordered it over the internet.There was a hefty shipping and assembly charge too.

The table lasted less than one year. The black lacquer finish has a defect and in less than a year it started to crack. Now there are cracks all over the table.

When I dine outside I use a table cloth to hide the disfigured table.It is a real eye sore.

Original review posted by user Aug 29, 2017

I bought the same table in June 2016.When I removed my table from storage in June 2017, there was cracking around several seams.

Now it is August 2017 and the entire table is cracking. It looks like it is 15 years old and was abused. I have not yet contacted Pottery Barn, but based on your experience it looks like a lost cause. I was not even at my summer home at the nine month cut-off for a warranty claim, so I would have not been able to conform to their terms.

but it is strange how the Company refuses to stand behind what is clearly a defective finish. I might contact a furniture re-finisher and see if it makes sense to strip the table and re-furbish it with a more durable finish. This will probably cost $800.00 or more to do.

I cannot think of any other solution, other than beware of buying furniture from Pottery Barn.Unfortunately, I cannot get the photo to upload on this site.

Review about: Pottery Barn Table.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Pottery Barn Verified Representative

We would be happy to look into your concerns regarding your table and the quality issues you are having. Please check your Private Messages for our direct contact information.

Pottery Barn Social Media Team

to PotteryBarnSocialTeam #1365248

PLease tell me how to reach you ( I could not find a private message section). Please send an email to me at with your contact info. Thanks.

Jennifer Lobo