Pottery Barn - Performance Tweed: 6 months and pilling on fabric - do not buy
HI - I purchased a Pottery Barn Seabury Grand Couch - cost upwards of $2,000 - a huge purchase for me. It arrived, and it looked fantastic.
I ended up having two problems that I wanted to share with others.
1) I received the couch in November, and after only 2-3 months I noticed significant pilling on the bottom cushions. Top/back cushions? Great. Bottom cushions, where one sits? Unacceptable. Performance fabric? Really?
So Pottery Barn comes back with "It's linen, what do you expect," and frankly I expect more. There are only three people in my house, so this couch has not received a ton of wear and tear, but it looks it. So, I'm living with pilling fabric for the next 10 or so years. Bummer. Looks ratty. Will not buy Pottery Barn again. I wish someone had said, "There is a possibility this fabric may pill." The rest of the couch looks great.
2) This couch comes in a combo of down and poly fill, so I did not have a choice of cushions. After a week, I realized that the cushions were significantly squished down after sitting on the couch. So, I would fluff them up, daily, and sometimes twice daily. I don't mind fluffing pillows every once in a while, but this was a significant lack of structure. I told Pottery Barn about it and they were kind enough to replace the back cushions with a set that had more structure, and were more in the range of acceptable. I appreciated their response.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "Went to Pottery Barn in Appleton, Wi to get help designing my living room and home office, over several weeks was ignored, told I was indecisive and when I bought..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "he was dirty and poor. nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "I hate this place very terrible service and after waiting a full hr and a 1/2. I only got 8 dollers for my designer clothes that were more expensive my..."
- "I have subscribed the Insurance through Chase Bank USA, N.A. in 2004. Couple of months ago my family in an accident was rear ended by a semi-tractor trailer and everybody..."
- "My 2012 CRV with 40+k on the clock is on need of new brakes. My wife drives the car everyday and she said she dint hear any noises coming from..."