Pottery Barn - Performance Tweed: 6 months and pilling on fabric - do not buy
HI - I purchased a Pottery Barn Seabury Grand Couch - cost upwards of $2,000 - a huge purchase for me. It arrived, and it looked fantastic.
I ended up having two problems that I wanted to share with others.
1) I received the couch in November, and after only 2-3 months I noticed significant pilling on the bottom cushions. Top/back cushions? Great. Bottom cushions, where one sits? Unacceptable. Performance fabric? Really?
So Pottery Barn comes back with "It's linen, what do you expect," and frankly I expect more. There are only three people in my house, so this couch has not received a ton of wear and tear, but it looks it. So, I'm living with pilling fabric for the next 10 or so years. Bummer. Looks ratty. Will not buy Pottery Barn again. I wish someone had said, "There is a possibility this fabric may pill." The rest of the couch looks great.
2) This couch comes in a combo of down and poly fill, so I did not have a choice of cushions. After a week, I realized that the cushions were significantly squished down after sitting on the couch. So, I would fluff them up, daily, and sometimes twice daily. I don't mind fluffing pillows every once in a while, but this was a significant lack of structure. I told Pottery Barn about it and they were kind enough to replace the back cushions with a set that had more structure, and were more in the range of acceptable. I appreciated their response.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "On the date of 10/24/11I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought..."
- "I have a 2006 Chevy HHR LS and the interior door handle broke off yesterday. To replace this I was informed that you have to spend $300+ to buy the..."
- "Sells fake Rayban sunglasses. Beware, it is a father and son theft team, one of the worst in Miami. He has been investigated by ICE, call Luxottica in..."
- "I have subscribed the Insurance through Chase Bank USA, N.A. in 2004. Couple of months ago my family in an accident was rear ended by a semi-tractor trailer and everybody..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "Well i find out today, 3 of the 4 refunds were made, but nit quite sure when theyll reach my bank!! As far as me NOT GETTING my mdse., i..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."