Chantilly, Virginia

HI - I purchased a Pottery Barn Seabury Grand Couch - cost upwards of $2,000 - a huge purchase for me. It arrived, and it looked fantastic.

I ended up having two problems that I wanted to share with others.

1) I received the couch in November, and after only 2-3 months I noticed significant pilling on the bottom cushions. Top/back cushions? Great. Bottom cushions, where one sits? Unacceptable. Performance fabric? Really?

So Pottery Barn comes back with "It's linen, what do you expect," and frankly I expect more. There are only three people in my house, so this couch has not received a ton of wear and tear, but it looks it. So, I'm living with pilling fabric for the next 10 or so years. Bummer. Looks ratty. Will not buy Pottery Barn again. I wish someone had said, "There is a possibility this fabric may pill." The rest of the couch looks great.

2) This couch comes in a combo of down and poly fill, so I did not have a choice of cushions. After a week, I realized that the cushions were significantly squished down after sitting on the couch. So, I would fluff them up, daily, and sometimes twice daily. I don't mind fluffing pillows every once in a while, but this was a significant lack of structure. I told Pottery Barn about it and they were kind enough to replace the back cushions with a set that had more structure, and were more in the range of acceptable. I appreciated their response.

Review about: Seabury Upholstered Grand Sofa.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Pottery Barn?

Comments

Mandi

Ours has done the same. We spent $3000 and it was custom made. I'll, never buy furniture there again.

Gainesville, Florida, United States #1210168

I have the exact same problem with my sofa in performance tweed.They replaced it once, and now it is pilling again and looks awful.

Spent hours with customer service.They are willing to do nothing for me, except give me the opportunity to buy more PB merchandise with a 20% refund on my PB credit card.