HI - I purchased a Pottery Barn Seabury Grand Couch - cost upwards of $2,000 - a huge purchase for me. It arrived, and it looked fantastic.
I ended up having two problems that I wanted to share with others.
1) I received the couch in November, and after only 2-3 months I noticed significant pilling on the bottom cushions. Top/back cushions? Great. Bottom cushions, where one sits? Unacceptable. Performance fabric? Really?
So Pottery Barn comes back with "It's linen, what do you expect," and frankly I expect more. There are only three people in my house, so this couch has not received a ton of wear and tear, but it looks it. So, I'm living with pilling fabric for the next 10 or so years. Bummer. Looks ratty. Will not buy Pottery Barn again. I wish someone had said, "There is a possibility this fabric may pill." The rest of the couch looks great.
2) This couch comes in a combo of down and poly fill, so I did not have a choice of cushions. After a week, I realized that the cushions were significantly squished down after sitting on the couch. So, I would fluff them up, daily, and sometimes twice daily. I don't mind fluffing pillows every once in a while, but this was a significant lack of structure. I told Pottery Barn about it and they were kind enough to replace the back cushions with a set that had more structure, and were more in the range of acceptable. I appreciated their response.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "Sells fake Rayban sunglasses. Beware, it is a father and son theft team, one of the worst in Miami. He has been investigated by ICE, call Luxottica in..."
- "I have subscribed the Insurance through Chase Bank USA, N.A. in 2004. Couple of months ago my family in an accident was rear ended by a semi-tractor trailer and everybody..."
- "I hate this place very terrible service and after waiting a full hr and a 1/2. I only got 8 dollers for my designer clothes that were more expensive my..."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."