Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle that smelled like truffles
Update added by user Oct 12, 2015
As of October 11th the last I heard was the following followed by another e-mail last night that stated nothing could be done!!!I again, asked all of my e-mails to be sent to the President of Pottery Barn.
I also looked up all the purchases I have had with this company over the years and they have made quite a bit of money from me. I also have shopped in their stores over the years using gift cards from various people and companies that knew I liked the Pottery Barn merchandise. Thank you Pottery Barn for not helping me with this problem.
Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn regarding order 051388639822
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the frustrations this has caused. I completely understand your disappointment and that's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.
All inquiries are reviewed and taken seriously as we are working hard to ensure a positive shopping experience.
I have reviewed the information you have provided and I understand why you would throw out the robe.However, please know that without a return of the original item we are unable to proceed with a refund of any kind
Original review posted by user Oct 10, 2015
I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC.I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for $100.00.
I figured I could go to this store and purchase a bathrobe and have not problems. They did not have the bathrobe I wanted there so they ordered it for me online with their computer. It cost me $95.01. It arrived at my house on May 21st, of 2015.
I noticed right away there was a strange smell to the robe but I just thought it was the packaging. I kept washing this robe over and over the next couple of months. I travel a lot for me job and was not home much during the next couple of months. Finally by August I just had to throw it out.
It had the strangest smell. I have ordered so many things from Pottery Barn over the years that I just thought this would not be an issue. I have ordered bathrobes for my husband and his which are white never had a odor. So I wrote to customer service about this issue and they quickly replied that since I did not do anything about it within the first 30 days they would do NOTHING!!!
I wrote back stating that I would no longer be buying from them in this case since they do not back up their product at all. They wrote back quickly again and said they would remove me from the e-mail and no longer send me catalogs. How nice after all the years that I supported them and they would do nothing. I wrote back again and requested the President of Pottery Barn's e-mail and I stated I was sure they would not send it.
I am so glad to find out how well they back up their products before I spent more than the amount I did.
I no longer will shop for them and I will tell all my employees, family and friend not to shop there.
Nancy from North Carolina
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Just give me credit for my loss on this robe with Pottery Barn.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "Purchased leather Big Picture package ($1999.99) from Garner White with the leather protection coverage ($99.00). Leather Is crumbling between the cushions, arm rest, and back rest area (see pics). Product..."
- "Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time. The woman was very..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "I have been a long term customer of this business with no problem. The first time I had a problem was when they sent me the wrong product. ..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."