Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle that smelled like truffles
Update added by user Oct 12, 2015
As of October 11th the last I heard was the following followed by another e-mail last night that stated nothing could be done!!!I again, asked all of my e-mails to be sent to the President of Pottery Barn.
I also looked up all the purchases I have had with this company over the years and they have made quite a bit of money from me. I also have shopped in their stores over the years using gift cards from various people and companies that knew I liked the Pottery Barn merchandise. Thank you Pottery Barn for not helping me with this problem.
Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn regarding order 051388639822
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the frustrations this has caused. I completely understand your disappointment and that's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.
All inquiries are reviewed and taken seriously as we are working hard to ensure a positive shopping experience.
I have reviewed the information you have provided and I understand why you would throw out the robe.However, please know that without a return of the original item we are unable to proceed with a refund of any kind
Original review posted by user Oct 10, 2015
I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC.I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for $100.00.
I figured I could go to this store and purchase a bathrobe and have not problems. They did not have the bathrobe I wanted there so they ordered it for me online with their computer. It cost me $95.01. It arrived at my house on May 21st, of 2015.
I noticed right away there was a strange smell to the robe but I just thought it was the packaging. I kept washing this robe over and over the next couple of months. I travel a lot for me job and was not home much during the next couple of months. Finally by August I just had to throw it out.
It had the strangest smell. I have ordered so many things from Pottery Barn over the years that I just thought this would not be an issue. I have ordered bathrobes for my husband and his which are white never had a odor. So I wrote to customer service about this issue and they quickly replied that since I did not do anything about it within the first 30 days they would do NOTHING!!!
I wrote back stating that I would no longer be buying from them in this case since they do not back up their product at all. They wrote back quickly again and said they would remove me from the e-mail and no longer send me catalogs. How nice after all the years that I supported them and they would do nothing. I wrote back again and requested the President of Pottery Barn's e-mail and I stated I was sure they would not send it.
I am so glad to find out how well they back up their products before I spent more than the amount I did.
I no longer will shop for them and I will tell all my employees, family and friend not to shop there.
Nancy from North Carolina
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Just give me credit for my loss on this robe with Pottery Barn.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "I have to admit that they advertise well and their products look quite beautiful. We ordered the benchwright extending table and it was stunning when we first received it. Well,..."
- "So I ordered the Hampton mirror tower vanity set that costs about $2,199+tax. I was really excited to receive because I am starting a cosmetic business. After 3 weeks, they..."
- "I ordered a bed from Pottery Barn in April 2015, and it was delivered to my home in May 2015. While I was crawling around on the floor on June..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "I am a United States Marine on the Temporarily Disabled Retired List residing in Charlotte, NC. I qualified and received a federal student loan to pay for my University of..."
- "This is the first and so far only Subway I've been to that cuts the already cut vegetables before putting them on your sandwich. I was floored! Times are hard..."
- "There is a famous scam in Beijing, its called the Tea house scam. Or Tea ceremony scam! It has been going on for a very VERY long time! Recently in..."