I did not see previous review- darn. I similarly purchased a Hampstead outdoor set- table and chairs. Mine didn't last a week before serious cracking, splintering and paint chipping off. Sent an email asking what they needed for a return and received a response from Emily Diver in customer service incident. She referred me to email@example.com. I sent emails with pictures and descriptions of deterioration to this email address. I never heard back . Repeated emails to pottery barn and on BOTH occasions received automated responses that they would contact me within 48 hours. No response. Finally had time to call- on hold 1hr 27 minutes and holding for supervisor another 42 minutes. Then was informed that they never received first round of emails and would not acknowledge incident id. Outside of 30 days for second and third emails (thought I was safe due to previous electronic chain). Nope. On call, told I was making call to late. They also said that although it was outdoor furniture, if there was rain and it wasn't covered, they would not accept return- even if it was on second day.
1. Don't order from pottery barn. Especially outdoor furniture.
2. Assemble item immediately.
3. Don't trust email customer service. Automated reply looks official but doesn't mean anything. Phone and ask for supervisor- prepare at least one hour on phone.
Photos taken after one month. first shows chipping paint. second shows splitting seam with crack in wood next to seam. Last shows the set on our deck- looks nice doesn't it? until you get close!!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "So I ordered the Hampton mirror tower vanity set that costs about $2,199+tax. I was really excited to receive because I am starting a cosmetic business. After 3 weeks, they..."
- "I am so disappointed with pottery ban's duvet cover sets I purchased recently. After one dry cleaning, the color changed from sandalwood to green. Purchased a second duvet thinking perhaps..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."