I did not see previous review- darn. I similarly purchased a Hampstead outdoor set- table and chairs. Mine didn't last a week before serious cracking, splintering and paint chipping off. Sent an email asking what they needed for a return and received a response from Emily Diver in customer service incident. She referred me to firstname.lastname@example.org. I sent emails with pictures and descriptions of deterioration to this email address. I never heard back . Repeated emails to pottery barn and on BOTH occasions received automated responses that they would contact me within 48 hours. No response. Finally had time to call- on hold 1hr 27 minutes and holding for supervisor another 42 minutes. Then was informed that they never received first round of emails and would not acknowledge incident id. Outside of 30 days for second and third emails (thought I was safe due to previous electronic chain). Nope. On call, told I was making call to late. They also said that although it was outdoor furniture, if there was rain and it wasn't covered, they would not accept return- even if it was on second day.
1. Don't order from pottery barn. Especially outdoor furniture.
2. Assemble item immediately.
3. Don't trust email customer service. Automated reply looks official but doesn't mean anything. Phone and ask for supervisor- prepare at least one hour on phone.
Photos taken after one month. first shows chipping paint. second shows splitting seam with crack in wood next to seam. Last shows the set on our deck- looks nice doesn't it? until you get close!!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."