4.7K views

Beware of the Pottery Barn online return policy. The return policy states that you cannot return an item for a refund after 30 days.

I ordered curtains for my house. The curtains were backordered and shipped 5 weeks later. When I tried to return them, they used the order date, not the shipping date for their return policy. The item is in the original packaging, hasn't been opened and they still sell both items at full price on their website.

Not only that, but the customer service rep. was SO condescending and rude!

They wouldn't even offer a credit! Although I like the quality of their products, I will never order from Pottery Barn again based on their appalling customer service!

Product or Service Mentioned: Pottery Barn Shipping Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 31, 2011.

Comments

A similar problem. Very annoyed and will not buy from PB again. There are plenty of other places to get similar items at same quality.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1321677

My niece and her husband ordered a Pottery Barn outdoor sofa with cushions. It was just delivered and they weren't happy with the gray color of the cushions.

PB wouldn't allow a return - claiming it was a custom color! They picked gray color from the online menu selection.

How can that be custom!! It underlines the EXPENSIVE risk of online ordering for Pottery Barn.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1321668

That's outrageous. The 30 days should start with the delivery date and not purchase date.

Especially if it's backordered. My niece ordered

Dallas, Texas, United States #582920

I ordered a light fixture online, and it wasn't bright enough. I returned it to my local Pottery Barn store, and they were great.

They gave me a receipt for it right then and there, and packed it up and returned it for me.

It saved me standing in line at the FedEx store.

Very true they base on the sent date always....bring it back to a store they will send I back and ou will get credit.

This is false. Pottery Barn bases it's return policy on the date received not ordered.

to Douglas Irey #1434617

BS. I have the same problem as Mr w Jackson. The return policy starts on the ordered date not the received date.