I purchased a Pottery Barn Comfort Square Grand Sofa last July and hoped for the great experience I was told to expect. Unfortunately, I have had nothing but grief with my interactions with both store personnel and their customer service via telephone.

But worst of all, my sofa has been a huge disappointment! We were so glad to buy an American product, so much so that we spent over $2500 to buy The Sofa-the one that would survive both our children and repeated moves. The problem? The slipcover discolored immediately after the first washing per company instructions and continues to grow more and more awful each time, despite the use of Oxy products.

In addition, the slipcover shrinks even after washing in cold and removal from the dryer while still damp. Difficult to replace on the sofa and terrible looking, the only consolation is the solid construction of the frame itself. I wish I could replace the cover, but it would cost $799 to do so.

Never will I purchase anything from Pottery Barn again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pottery Barn Sofa.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 10, 2012.

Comments

Mine is in ciottage only used 3 months of the year by 2 people. It is a piece of junk.

Kansas City, Kansas, United States #1348361

I had exactly the same experience. Mine are PB Square sleeper sofa and loveseat. The new slipcovers I ordered shrank so badly the zippers cannot be closed, but PB considers slipcovers to be a "custom" order so they are non-returnable, and they will not apologise or refund you whatsoever.

Pottery barn is simply awfull , how do they think a person would belive that the customer prefers to install the slip cover this nonsense they are simply shifting the labor to the customer then the product looks terrible as the customer is provided no instructions !!! wonderfull huh for a $5000 sectional

I have the same sofa with a micro suede slipcover and love it! I would buy it again in a minute.

I have washed it and re-installed the slipcovers several times with no trouble at all. I do put the slipcover for the body on damp but let the pillow covers get dry. I just washed them two days ago for the 10 time or so, and the sofa looks like it is covered in brand new upholstery.

I recommend micro suede unless you live in a museum. It is indestructible and can be spot cleaned in between washings.

There is a simple solution to this. Just get in touch with the District Manager of the Pottery Barn stores in your area nd he/she will make it right (most likely getting you a new slipcover).