Palmerton, Pennsylvania

I purchased an outdoor zinc topped dining table from Pottery Barn in 2011.It arrived with a few dark red squiggles but I was told that it was supposed to look distressed.

The table is in a screened porch and not exposed to the elements. Over the last year the whole top of the table became full of these red squiggles that look like rust. I sent an email to PB along with pictures and finally received a reply -- too bad, it's past the 60 day return date, blah blah blah.

Obviously the zinc coating was not applied properly.NO MORE *** FROM POTTERY BARN!

Had an Experience with Pottery Barn?

Comments

Just purchased a shop floor model.Was assured by staff that there were no issues with it.

On assembling at home the zinc is lifting from the table creating a large bubble at one end.

Staff claim not knowledge of this.Be very very careful if you purchase a shop floor model.

I have the same table and the same issue.It's advertised as rust resistant but after one year of very light use under cover of my cabana roof, it's rusting on the sides and top.

We even waxed it regularly.Working with PB now on return, not optimistic.

Nosey

WTF?!?!

POTTERY BARN  DOES NOT HONOR RETURN POLICY Pottery Barn "I did not see previous review- darn. I similarly purchased a Hampstead outdoor set- table and chairs. Mine didn't last a week before serious cracking, splintering and paint..." Read more Pottery Barn - Awful, low quality products that are not backed by the company Pottery Barn "I have to admit that they advertise well and their products look quite beautiful. We ordered the benchwright extending table and it was stunning when we first received it. Well,..." Read more Pottery Barn - Sussex Sconce peeled and rusted Pottery Barn "We installed a Pottery Barn Sussex Sconce in our bathroom above the medicine cabinet in February 2010. About four years later the stainless steel finish was peeling revealing a black/rusty..." Read more Review about Pottery Barn Comfort Sofa from San Francisco, California Pottery Barn "I spent over $2,500 for my PB Comfort couch in grade E fabric. I spent more for the fabric upgrade and was told "it's brand new and the fabric that..." Read more Saia will damage your shipments, then lie through their teeth Saia "I ordered a bunk bed for my children recently, and the seller chose to ship with Saia. I'd never dealt with them before, but after this instance I can say..." Read more Yelp Sucks Yelp "I went to write a review on Yelp. I was having problems so I looked for customer service and there was none. Just a list of frequently asked questions. My..." Read more Crystal Springs Water - STAY AWAY FROM DS SERVICES of AMERICA WATER COMPANY Crystal Springs Water "DS Services of America, or in this case Crystal Springs Water is the worst company on the planet. They have the worst company rating in the nation. Go check the..." Read more Colonial Van Lines - Do yourself a favor and just rent a POD Colonial Van Lines "The process started out fine. I worked with Andrew in the sales department and he assured me repeatedly that they always overestimate the weight of everything so that there are..." Read more