I purchased an outdoor zinc topped dining table from Pottery Barn in 2011.It arrived with a few dark red squiggles but I was told that it was supposed to look distressed.

The table is in a screened porch and not exposed to the elements. Over the last year the whole top of the table became full of these red squiggles that look like rust. I sent an email to PB along with pictures and finally received a reply -- too bad, it's past the 60 day return date, blah blah blah.

Obviously the zinc coating was not applied properly.NO MORE *** FROM POTTERY BARN!

Had an Experience with Pottery Barn?

Comments

Just purchased a shop floor model.Was assured by staff that there were no issues with it.

On assembling at home the zinc is lifting from the table creating a large bubble at one end.

Staff claim not knowledge of this.Be very very careful if you purchase a shop floor model.

I have the same table and the same issue.It's advertised as rust resistant but after one year of very light use under cover of my cabana roof, it's rusting on the sides and top.

We even waxed it regularly.Working with PB now on return, not optimistic.

WTF?!?!

Pottery Barn - Outdoor ceramic table not made for outdoors Pottery Barn "Bought 2 ceramic rope outdoor tables from Pottery Barn. After a few months, they both began peeling horribly. Called PotteryBarn to see what could be done or if they had..." Read more Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle that smelled like truffles Pottery Barn "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..." Read more Pottery Barn - Performance Tweed:  6 months and pilling on fabric - do not buy Pottery Barn "HI - I purchased a Pottery Barn Seabury Grand Couch - cost upwards of $2,000 - a huge purchase for me. It arrived, and it looked fantastic. I ended up..." Read more Pottery Barn - Chair Review Pottery Barn "Please tell me why I'm getting a store credit for a fraudulent sale at Pottery Barn. See pictures. Item for sale was chair and slip cover. Well I received the..." Read more Crossroads Rv - 2013 crossroads elevation Crossroads Rv "Nothing but issues with this unit. 2 Lippert slide out motors on main slide burned up in years 2 and 3 of owning toy hauler. Fuel pump motor for on..." Read more Sleep Number - Salesperson insisted it would work and it didn't Sleep Number "The salesman Dan continually told us that the only problem with the adjustable bed not fitting was a slay bed and a bed with drawers at the bottom. We took..." Read more Hired Dex Media to build a web site. Dex Media "After 1 1/2 years Dex Media still has not completed my web site and they have been fully paid. I have about fifty emails stating their problems in completing my..." Read more North Coast Auto Mall - They fooled me twice; shame on me! North Coast Auto Mall "My sister hosted a foreign exchange student from China for his senior year of High School. He was subsequently accepted to attend Ohio State University. As a graduation present, his..." Read more