I purchased an outdoor zinc topped dining table from Pottery Barn in 2011.It arrived with a few dark red squiggles but I was told that it was supposed to look distressed.

The table is in a screened porch and not exposed to the elements. Over the last year the whole top of the table became full of these red squiggles that look like rust. I sent an email to PB along with pictures and finally received a reply -- too bad, it's past the 60 day return date, blah blah blah.

Obviously the zinc coating was not applied properly.NO MORE *** FROM POTTERY BARN!

Had an Experience with Pottery Barn?

Comments

Just purchased a shop floor model.Was assured by staff that there were no issues with it.

On assembling at home the zinc is lifting from the table creating a large bubble at one end.

Staff claim not knowledge of this.Be very very careful if you purchase a shop floor model.

I have the same table and the same issue.It's advertised as rust resistant but after one year of very light use under cover of my cabana roof, it's rusting on the sides and top.

We even waxed it regularly.Working with PB now on return, not optimistic.

WTF?!?!