1.8
Style and Design

Update by user Dec 07, 2017

I finally talked to a Supervisor who said I couldn't get credit until they received back the two boxes but I was concerned that they would get lost in transit so she suggested I return them to a store so once they were at the store, it was Pottery Barn's problem and I would get credit. I did that even though the store was quite a trip...it was worth it.

I got credit, cancelled the credit card it was on so they couldn't charge it back. Funny thing is 2 weeks later, I received the third box.

I was home and refused the shipment but I had to laugh this time. This has become my greatest story with friends as it is the most comical and frustrating thing in customer service I have ever dealt with.

Original review posted by user Nov 07, 2017

On 10/5/2017 I ordered what I thought was a deal on a couch for approximately $1500 as it was emailed to me in a marketing email. After the order, I looked at other couches at PB and they were closer to $5,000 so I took a closer look at my order and realized that it wasn't a couch with a slip cover but was only the slipcover.

I called and cancelled on 10/6/2017 within 24 hours of the order. Customer Service(CS) told me "no problem" on the cancellation but that it would take 24-48 hours. I called back on 10/8/2017 to be sure it was cancelled because I wanted to make sure because it was a large dollar amount and I can't do anything with a slipcover that I don't own the couch for. I was assured from PB CS that it was cancelled and showed cancelled in the system.

On 10/26/17 I received an email that this order was being shipped to me. I called PB CS and they told me that the order showed as cancelled and that nothing was being shipped to me and nothing was being charged to me. On 10/31/17, package 1 of 3 arrived. I called CS who told me she was going to get a special pickup and to set the item out on my porch and it would be picked up the following day.

She said they were looking for that package and were glad to know where it was. It was not picked up on 11/1/17 but my credit card was charged for the $1,500. I didn't notice this until the package still had not been picked up so on 11/3/17, I looked at my credit card online and saw that this was charged on 11/1 and I called to inform PB CS that I still had the package and that my CC was charged. CS said they would email me a return label and if I could drop it off at a UPS that would be great.

She sent me a link via email but it did not work because it said that the item was not eligible for return. This time I called back and talked to another CS rep who told me she was going to contact a supervisor and call me "right back". Hours later no one had called so I called and this time asked to speak to a Supervisor myself. I spoke to Jessica.

All of my frustration was in front of her in the system and I was apologized too many times. Jessica said she was stopping UPS from dropping off package 2 of 3 right now and would take care of 3 of 3 as well and was going to send me a special label so I could return 1 of 3 and that my Credit Card would be credited in 3 to 5 business days. On 11/7, I received package 3 of 3. I have left a message for Jessica who gave me her extension on 11/4 but did not give me a number to get me past waiting on hold for 15 minutes.

It has been almost 2 hours and Jessica ext 7165111 has not called me back to tell me why I have NOT RECEIVED ANY LABELS AND WHY I HAVE 2/3rds of an ORDER THAT I CANCELLED OVER A MONTH PRIOR and VERIFIED cancellation. This is where it stands now. WAITING ON JESSICA to call me back. Still have the charge on my credit card although she did tell me this could take up to 5 business days and have 2 boxes of an order I cancelled sitting in my CAR waiting for LABELS that have not materialized.

I tried at each turn to "ENSURE" that everything was appropriately cancelled. I felt like an idiot for not seeing that they Slipcover was the only thing I was ordering but even PB CS people were confused when looking at my original order. "Is this a couch?" was asked to me by at least 3 of the CS's reps I talked to so I am not a complete fool. Who would have thought that $1,500 only bought a slipcover?

I did everything to correct this error and even called when I got an email to ensure that PB didn't send me something I didn't order. NOTHING WORKED and I am still in LIMBO.

I am writing this now as I am on hold and have been for half an hour to see if I can reach another Supervisor as Jessica has still never called me back. This is the PIT of MISERY.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pottery Barn Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private and 2 public responses to the review from Nov 07, 2017.

Comments

PotteryBarnSocialTeam
#1401923
Pottery Barn Verified Representative

Hello,

My name is Allyse, and I am a Social Media Team Lead for Pottery Barn. I would be happy to assist you with this issue. Please email me at potterybarnservice@wsgc.com with your contact information, so that I am better able to assist you.

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Allyse

PotteryBarnSocialTeam
Pottery Barn Verified Representative

Good Evening. My name is Allison, and I am a Social Media Team Lead for Pottery Barn.

I've sent you a private message containing my contact information so I can assist you with this order.

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you, Allison.