82 views
Verified Reviewer

1.5
Poster decreased review rating.

As a supposedly reputable company that sells high-end furniture and home accessories, words cannot express my disappointment and frustration in dealing with both Pottery Barn and West Elm.

I placed two orders on November 5, 2020 spending over $9,000.00: one with Pottery Barn and one with West Elm. The order placed with West Elm was two months late being delivered.

I spent countless hours on the phone with their customer service team attempting to obtain an update with no success. All I received was finger-pointing at outsourced vendors and empty promises. Along with the unacceptable delays, their outsourced warehousing and logistics vendor, Ryder, lost a piece of the Haven sectional. It took 4 weeks for this to get resolved and rescheduled delivery.

During the countless phone calls, I was able to coordinate the delivery of the PB Comfort Square Arm Grand sofa with the West Elm pieces. The only outstanding item was the Tyler Square Leather Armchair with nailheads. This piece of furniture was scheduled to be delivered before February 18, 2021. Due to my prior experience, I would call Pottery Barn furniture service department, as well as Ryder, to make sure the chair was en route.

This piece arrived at Ryders New Jersey distribution center around January 16, 2021. I expected the piece to deliver late and it was no surprise when I was told the February 18th date would not be met. The more alarming situation came when I could not schedule a delivery. I contacted Ryder March 4, 2021 and was told by a customer service representative that Ryder did not have possession of the chair.

So, after speaking with multiple people at Pottery Barn and Ryder, the item was located. It could finally be scheduled for delivery, but no sooner than March 12, 2021. The delivery drivers arrived at my home with a piece of furniture, but it was not the Tyler Armchair that I had ordered. After spending 4 hours on the phone with Pottery Barn furniture, it was finally discovered that the Tyler Armchair I order on November 5, 2020 was never shipped from their overseas factory!

I would like to understand how this could happen?

It took 5 months to discover that the chair I ordered was never manufactured??? Where is the oversight, accountability, responsibility, ownership, and actionability? Ive worked in international manufacturing for 20 years and can say with complete honesty that an error such as this never occurred and if it did, not only would those responsible lose their jobs, a detailed analysis and corrective measures would be put into place to ensure that it never happened again.

Ive been a long-time customer and huge fan of the William Sonoma family of brands.

I am embittered over the entire experience and they have lost a brand-loyal customer. Save your money, save your time, and save your peace of mind.

User's recommendation: Save your money, save your time, and save your peace of mind.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Pottery Barn Pros: Great style.

Pottery Barn Cons: Poor customer service, Poor responsiveness, No corrective action, No accountability, No visibility.

Comments