Pottery Barn - Standard rug pad damaged hardwood floors
Warning to those who are planning to purchase a standard rug pad with Pottery Barn: even though the description says it is moisture resistant and it is guaranteed NOT to damage your floors, THIS IS NOT TRUE.I had this rug pad for about a month when I discovered it was “glued” to my 1930’s hardwood floors.
I have been dealing with PB since the beginning of August to resolve this issue. The cleaning company who came to look at the problem said the pad had “chemically attacked” my floors. I have spent countless hours trying to solve this issue and the only thing PB offered is a $100 gift card to compensate for the inconvenience… Still waiting to hear if they will pay to put the floors back the way it was before. Their claim management company has been inefficient since the beginning.
The worst thing is: I asked to exchange this standard rug pad for the premium kind and guess what: they asked me to pay the price difference and an additional $46 shipping charge! Thank you Pottery Barn for this great customer service!
I will not recommend this brand to anyone else after this horrible experience.I understand why they don’t allow product reviews to be posted on their website.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "I also purchased a Landon sofa from Pottery barn and spent $1600. This means that I chose the least expensive fabric but for $1600 I expected better. My IKEA sofa..."
- "So I ordered the Hampton mirror tower vanity set that costs about $2,199+tax. I was really excited to receive because I am starting a cosmetic business. After 3 weeks, they..."
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."