1.1K views
Featured

Warning to those who are planning to purchase a standard rug pad with Pottery Barn: even though the description says it is moisture resistant and it is guaranteed NOT to damage your floors, THIS IS NOT TRUE.I had this rug pad for about a month when I discovered it was “glued” to my 1930’s hardwood floors.

I have been dealing with PB since the beginning of August to resolve this issue. The cleaning company who came to look at the problem said the pad had “chemically attacked” my floors. I have spent countless hours trying to solve this issue and the only thing PB offered is a $100 gift card to compensate for the inconvenience… Still waiting to hear if they will pay to put the floors back the way it was before. Their claim management company has been inefficient since the beginning.

The worst thing is: I asked to exchange this standard rug pad for the premium kind and guess what: they asked me to pay the price difference and an additional $46 shipping charge! Thank you Pottery Barn for this great customer service!

I will not recommend this brand to anyone else after this horrible experience.I understand why they don’t allow product reviews to be posted on their website.

Review about: Pottery Barn Shipping Service.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with Pottery Barn?

Comments

Having the exact same problem. Rug pad is stuck to our gorgeous antique wood floors.

Did you have your rugs cleaned on the floor with the rug pad under it? I had a friend who let a carpet cleaning company do this not knowing any different and the exact same thing happened to her - the heat from the steam almost melted the pad into the floors - wasn't a pottery barn pad but they are all made with the same stuff.