Pottery Barn - Standard rug pad damaged hardwood floors
Warning to those who are planning to purchase a standard rug pad with Pottery Barn: even though the description says it is moisture resistant and it is guaranteed NOT to damage your floors, THIS IS NOT TRUE.I had this rug pad for about a month when I discovered it was “glued” to my 1930’s hardwood floors.
I have been dealing with PB since the beginning of August to resolve this issue. The cleaning company who came to look at the problem said the pad had “chemically attacked” my floors. I have spent countless hours trying to solve this issue and the only thing PB offered is a $100 gift card to compensate for the inconvenience… Still waiting to hear if they will pay to put the floors back the way it was before. Their claim management company has been inefficient since the beginning.
The worst thing is: I asked to exchange this standard rug pad for the premium kind and guess what: they asked me to pay the price difference and an additional $46 shipping charge! Thank you Pottery Barn for this great customer service!
I will not recommend this brand to anyone else after this horrible experience.I understand why they don’t allow product reviews to be posted on their website.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Bought a $2200+ sofa in June, 2014. Got delivered in Aug, 2014. After just one year of usage one of the two back cushion started to sag a..."
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."