Pottery Barn - Standard rug pad damaged hardwood floors

Warning to those who are planning to purchase a standard rug pad with Pottery Barn: even though the description says it is moisture resistant and it is guaranteed NOT to damage your floors, THIS IS NOT TRUE.I had this rug pad for about a month when I discovered it was “glued” to my 1930’s hardwood floors.

I have been dealing with PB since the beginning of August to resolve this issue. The cleaning company who came to look at the problem said the pad had “chemically attacked” my floors. I have spent countless hours trying to solve this issue and the only thing PB offered is a $100 gift card to compensate for the inconvenience… Still waiting to hear if they will pay to put the floors back the way it was before. Their claim management company has been inefficient since the beginning.

The worst thing is: I asked to exchange this standard rug pad for the premium kind and guess what: they asked me to pay the price difference and an additional $46 shipping charge! Thank you Pottery Barn for this great customer service!

I will not recommend this brand to anyone else after this horrible experience.I understand why they don’t allow product reviews to be posted on their website.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 20 #1114996

Having the exact same problem. Rug pad is stuck to our gorgeous antique wood floors.

0 0 Reply

Mar 29, 2014 #799885

Did you have your rugs cleaned on the floor with the rug pad under it? I had a friend who let a carpet cleaning company do this not knowing any different and the exact same thing happened to her - the heat from the steam almost melted the pad into the floors - wasn't a pottery barn pad but they are all made with the same stuff.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Pottery Barn. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Pottery Barn.
Filing a new complaint about