3.0
Style and Design

Pottery Barn forgot twice to apply the loyalty reward. They sent me from their customer service to their bank (community).

They all agreed something went wrong, but no one could take ownership to make the decision to solve the matter. I called 4 times, each call taking ages to at last talk to someone (you get a machine for the first minutes) and sent 2 emails.

The customer service is appalling, very impersonal. It is organized in such a way that you cannot have a confirmation email of your call, not escalate. Very disappointing.

I like the products but distrust completely the service.

I ordered on May 25. Still not solved on September 17, 2015

Preferred solution: I just want the issue fixed (my loyalty awards applied). And the late fees waived (28 $).

I liked: Furniture.

I didn't like: Service for price of product, Delivery, Coupon code.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 17, 2015.

Comments

Ok, first of all the reason you are waiting on the phone is because they are in peak season. Not an excuse but a reason.

Holiday season is approaching I dare you to find any company customer service lines that aren't busy. I don't know your exact situation but the certificates are controlled by the credit card company and not pottery barn. You won't see a savings till your next credit card statement. The terms spell this out.

The customer support associates are trained to be independent, take ownership and make the decision situation to take care of the customer. Regular customer service associates do not have email access and very limited time to make outbound calls. Not an excuse but a reason. Furniture associates do have email but are discouraged from communicating with customers with it so the customer won't constantly use the associate as a personal source of service.

Like I said I don't know your particular order or whether the certificates were actually applied or not. The associates you talk to may have not had a lot of experience to handle the problem appropriately. My question is what did Pottery Barn credit card customer service say.

Also next time you call in, if the Associate doesn't seem to know what to do, ask them to go find someone who does know. This is the best advice I can give you at this point without more info, good luck.