Pottery Barn has always been my go to store for decorating and gifts. When I bought a house and went to shop for my furniture, I was beyond excited! I had a lovely woman wait on me, she really tried hard. She explained that she was new, so I was understanding of her having to ask another associate to help. She took all of my info and said one of the specialists would work up an estimate for me.

After about a week, I hadn't heard from anyone. So I stopped in and no one had any information at all. I asked for a manager, not to complain, just to get my order placed. This manager, who seemed irritated to have to deal with me,did nothing but make excuses. She said, she didn't know how to do the order, but would have a design specialist call me. At this point I got upset. She proceeds to tell.me.that she didn't get any training, nobody in the store gets training and they just get thrown in.

So, I pulled out an old business card, and asked to talk to Rick. He's no longer with they company. Asked for Luis, same. Finally asked for Kathy she's gone too. I had worked with each of them at some point in earlier visits. I asked for the district managers number, and she disappeared and never came back.

Pottery Barn lost an 11,000+ furniture order and a loyal customer that day. Whoever is in charge higher than the store level should really think about bringing back the old management team. Or at least train the leads you are putting in front of the customer! What a disappointment!!

Had an Experience with Pottery Barn?

Comments

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #758830

I agree, worse experience ever